Traditionally, the Oscars and its after-parties are rife with Old Hollywood glamour-inspired looks that range from breathtaking embellished gowns to more understated off-the-runway numbers. But when it comes to Julia Fox, red carpet rules are made to be broken.
At Vanity Fair’s star-studded Oscars after-party in Beverly Hills, the Uncut Gems actor and self-proclaimed muse of director Josh Safdie—who rose to prominence as a result of her brief, but extremely public romance with Kanye West—served up an ensemble that stood out from the crowd. The jaw-dropping look comprised a black floor-length all-leather gown by Han Kjøbenhavn that featured a striking claw wrapped around the neck, leather opera gloves, pointed black leather boots and a clutch bag adorned with black human hair—according to Fox herself on the red carpet—to top it all off.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a Fox look if the eye makeup wasn’t dramatic. This time, the actor opted for a major cat eye moment with brow details reminiscent of her Paris Fashion Week debut in denim Schiaparelli.
- What Gigi Hadid’s Open Letter to the Paparazzi Means for Celebrity Children
- The Best Romantic Comedies of All Time
- What I’ve Learned From Dating Every Sign of the Zodiac
- These Are the Best Books to Read in 2021
- Sign up for Vogue’s shopping newsletter The Get to receive the insider’s guide to what to shop and how to wear it